Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Time lost!

I have been told that many years have passed since we left New York City. This astounds me, as our stay in the Haversham Estate only seemed to last a fortnight. Lady Haversham-Bentley was the center of a great many unusual phenomenon, and I can attest that our time in the Haversham Hollows glade was fraught with haunts and Faerie influence. So, yes, years and more may have passed in that one deadly night. I withdraw my skepticism.

We are back home again. O'Neill has kept seneschal over the old place in good and loyal service. Aside from a proliferation of monkeys (from those who stole away with us during the Third Nepal Dynasty adventure, perhaps?) the estate seems much the same as when we left. Even Wai-fai, our knowledgeable and swift house messenger, is still on duty for our every need.

Already there is talk of assisting my wife's cousin, whose riverboat has been plagued by dark coincidences and failing profits (note to self: task Wai-fai to research whereabouts of Mr B. Cour after the Lafayette Happening). Can we not stay a full week at home?

No comments: